Surrender. Does that word stump you?
For perfectionists (I’m raising my hand because I used to be one!), it can be a really challenging task to surrender. And not just challenging, but absolutely terrifying. You spend your whole life trying to control something, thinking you know exactly what you want and spending all your time trying to make that happen.
Then, there comes a time when you realize that what you thought you wanted is, in fact, not at all what you wanted. And coming to terms with that can suck. But that’s when surrender is needed. That’s when we need to let go of what we think we want and give it away to Spirit.
But how? How can we do this thing that is so hard for the perfectionistic part of us to do?
You know I’ve got your back, girl.
Such a blissful word can cause such stress? Yes. Our ego hates surrender. The inner control freak hates surrender. The over-achieving perfectionist hates surrender. But what you need to know is that, no you’re not crazy for feeling the following phases:
- Close-Minded: “I know what I want.”
- Lightbulb Moment: “I realize I don’t know what I want.”
- “Oh shit!” Period: “I’m freaking out because I don’t know what I want.”
- Try On Surrender: “I guess I’ll try this surrender thing.”
- Keep Trying on Surrender: “Ugh, I can’t do surrender once – I must do it over and over.”
- Peace and Freedom: “I need to do this surrender thing more often.”
Sound familiar? The two steps I’ve given you in this video will help you move through these faces with less struggle. I promise. You just have to – you guessed it – stay devoted and in a space of willingness to be open-minded. That’s it.
OVER TO YOU: Using the two simple steps in this video, what are you going to surrender? Comment below and share them with me!
All my love,
P.S. – If you know someone who needs to hear this message, please pass it along to them. 🙂